Google Forms is an easy-to-use (and free!) tool for creating forms and short surveys.
Normally, users send links to these forms via Email, which are often missed or ignored.
SMS messages have a far higher open rate than email and mobile users receiving the survey link in an SMS can complete the survey right then - from wherever they are!
Sending Google Forms links using TNZ
When sending links using TNZ's SMS service, you can pre-populate some of the form fields, plus make the link shorter, all in one tool!
How to send a Google Forms Link in SMS
1. Create your Google Form
Using your normal Google Forms tool:
- Create your new Google Form, including options for 'Your Name' and 'Your Mobile'
- Once your form has been created, click the ⋮ icon
- Click 'Get pre-filled link'
- Fill in any fields you would like pre-populated:
- Your Name=[[Attention]]
- Your Mobile=[[Destination]]
- For any other useful fields that can be pre-populated from your contact list spreadsheet, use [[Custom1]], [[Custom2]], [[Custom3]] and [[Custom4]]
- Click 'Get Link' and copy the link. Save the link somewhere safe as we'll need it soon
2. Create your contact list
Create your spreadsheet of contacts. Ensure your spreadsheet contains the pre-filled form names used in your Google Form.
You can also use your Address Book contacts if available (see the Adding Address Book Contacts guide).
3. Log into the TNZ Dashboard and load your SMS Broadcast
> Under New Message | Send SMS Broadcast
> Insert your SMS message and include your Google Forms link encased in our URL Shortener tags.
|Hi [[Attention]], we have an awesome survey for you! Check it out here: [[Link:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/ABC123/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.2005620554=[[Attention]]&entry.1166974658=[[Mobile]]&entry.839337160=[[Custom1]]&entry.839332121=[[Custom2]]&entry.529331161=[[Custom3]]]]|
The mobile receives:
|Hi Jared, we have an awesome survey for you! Check it out here: tnz.nz/A1B2C3|
> Set a Sending Date/Time - Delay the sending of your SMS Broadcast. Time is in your local computer timezone.
> Review and Send - One final check of the details, then click Submit!
4. Tracking opens and responses
> View which mobile numbers opened the survey by logging into the TNZ Dashboard and selecting View Messages | MessageLink
> View SMS replies by logging into the TNZ Dashboard and selecting View Messages | SMS Received
> View survey responses using SurveyMonkey's normal reporting tools