TNZ Group can 'port' your existing telephone numbers, which simply means we 'take over' your phone or fax number and handle calls for you. The telephone number will be moved from your existing telephone supplier to TNZ.
How much does it cost to move my telephone/fax number to TNZ Group?
There is a one time Set Up Fee of $40.00 (plus GST) per number that is ported.
You then pay the standard service costs per month.
How long will the number port take?
Normally, for New Zealand numbers, prepping for the port takes three to four working days. Australian number porting can take longer to prep - often 30 days.
Once prepped, the actual porting of the number is normally quite quick (a few minutes).
You do have the option to specify a date that suits you but this is not guaranteed.
I don't live in a main city in New Zealand or Australia. Can you still port my number?
Yes, we can port numbers from any local area in New Zealand and Australia.
What happens to my telephone or fax machine?
Once your number completes porting, the physical line will be disconnected and the service will be virtual. Your existing telephone/fax machine will be disconnected (and no longer needed!)
I have a physical phone line with a phone, fax machine, EFTPOS, or another service connected to it. What happens when the number is ported?
If you have a normal POTS line, the line will be disconnected once the number porting completes (on the day of the port). The physical copper wiring will stay in place, but the services on the line will be removed. This means any connected equipment will no longer be able to use the telephone line, so will need to be moved to another telephone line (ie a voice line) or upgraded to an Internet (IP) capable device. This also applies to ADSL or Internet circuits that are using your physical telephone line, as these will need to be moved to an alternative line to avoid being disconnected.
If you have a more advanced BRI or PRI (ISDN) telephone line, in most cases just the required telephone number will be removed from the service and the other numbers and physical lines will stay the same. Check with us for confirmation and details for your specific set up.
In both cases, when the port completes, your existing telephone supplier will cease billing you for the ported number and TNZ will take over billing and handling.
I want to port my number but it's an ISDN Pilot number (BRA/PRA). How does this work?
When porting a pilot number, we can either port all attached numbers, or cancel all attached numbers (RQ).
To avoid this, the pilot number will need to be swapped with another number on the line prior to porting. Your existing telephone supplier can assist with this.
Alternatively, we can set up a temporary number you can Customerlink/Line Link the pilot number to, though this method varies between carriers.
Let one of the support team know before requesting the number port.
How do I set up a Number Port?
Number Porting Terms & Conditions
The following terms apply when requesting a number port:
- I understand that I am porting the numbers from an existing provider to TNZ Group Limited (TNZ).
- I understand that by porting the numbers to TNZ, the existing provider may disconnect any associated services.
- I understand that there may continue to be outstanding obligations to the existing provider.
- I understand that porting the numbers could incur additional costs or obligations to the existing provider, including early termination fees and/or porting fees.
- I understand that after porting the numbers to TNZ, some of the services currently received may not be supported by TNZ, or may be accessed in a different way.
- I understand that TNZ is not obliged to accept my porting request.
- I understand that TNZ will supply information from this Form to the existing provider in the porting number process and use the information provided by me in relation to this porting request for the delivery of services, fault management and handling any complaints. The information may also be provided to emergency services and as lawfully required by law enforcement agencies.
- I understand that TNZ will not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or indirect) resulting from failure or delay in the porting process, or as a result of the porting process.
- I confirm that I have the authority to request the porting of the number referred to in this form and I authorise TNZ to port the numbers from the existing provider to TNZ.